Watch out for what phone numbers you call. However, many users will still use the same passwords and email combinations they use on other sites as well as weak password to protect their accounts. In addition, some users call in various strange places and provide confidential information, and even ... share their computer!
Support phone number?
Recently, on the Reddit forum, a user of the well-known stock exchanges post wrote that he was cheated. He wrote that he searched for number to the exchange service support. He wanted to settle an important matter and did not want to wait for a written response. Unfortunately, the phone number found on the Internet did not belong to the exchange support. It was a scam. During the conversation, he was asked to install software that allowed someone to control his computer. In this way, the interlocutor performed actions that made the victim lose a lot of money from his electronic wallet.
As we found out Bittrex support phone number doesn’t exist!
“Please be aware that there are phishing sites on the Internet that look like Bittrex. These sites are fake and harvest your credentials which can then be used to login to your account. These sites will capture many different things including, username, password, 2FA code, and possibly even ask you for your email username and password. Bittrex will never ask you for your email username and password, so please never enter those on any login that looks like a Bittrex site.” – said Ryan from Bittrex.
If you have been purchasing and trading cryptocurrencies, one of the most crucial things you can do is make sure they are secure. If you think that anything on the Services, including any Feedback, infringes upon any copyright that you own or control, you may file a notification with Bittrex’s Designated Agent as set forth below:
Designated Agent: William Shihara
Address of Designated Agent: 6077 S. Ft. Apache Rd Suite 100, Las Vegas, NV 89148
Telephone Number of Designated Agent: (866) 554-0350
Fax Number of Designated Agent: (702) 749-5871
Email Address of Designated Agent: firstname.lastname@example.org
The above phone numbers are not for Bittrex support!
What to watch out? Here are some tips:
- For coins which have offline wallets, consider using an offline wallet for long-term storage.
- Only transfer your coins in long enough to make your trades. Once you are done, export them back to an external wallet.
- If you are planning to leave coins in the exchange to have open orders on the books, keep in mind the risk of leaving your coins on the exchange.
- Store your security keys somewhere safe, and make sure they are backed up in the event of a hard drive crash or fire.
- Keep your coins in your own personal wallet rather than on an exchange.
- Use Google Authenticator on iOS and Android, which is supported by most of the services.
- Pick strong passwords and do not use the same password in multiple services.
- Do not share your computer with anyone.
- None of the Exchanges can ask you for access to your computer or password.